What are you reading? Have you picked up any good books lately? Share what’s on your summer reading list.
I haven’t updated my widget on the side there in a long time. I should do that. Until then here are several I have read, several I intend to read, several that I loved and several that I hated.
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson – absolutely the FUNNIEST book I have EVER READ!! Definitely a MUST!!
- Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Inès de la Fressange – I liked this ok but it is mostly a shopping guide in France and not overly useful. Mostly a waste of time but it helped get some creative juices flowing.
- World of Geek Craft by Susan Beal – I just bought this but it is definitely time to get my geeky crafting on!
- The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis – I have been sitting on this for months. I have no idea if I will ever read it.
- A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolfe – another I have been sitting on though I liked the sample well enough.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens – I haven’t read this in some time and figured it was due again.
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill – scared the ever-loving bejezuz out of me. Loved it! Much better than the movie!
- The Secret Holocaust Diaries by Nonna Bannister – I didn’t like this much. It could be the deep, real life, subject matter. Perhaps I just had poor timing.
- The General and Mrs. Washington by Bruce Chadwick – on the to read list. I love reading about history and especially the Washingtons but I haven’t gotten to it yet.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts by Susan Cain – loved it. I talked about it here a great deal.
- Paper Woman by Suzanne Adair – eh. I’m still unsure about this one. Haven’t read but the first part of it.
- The Game of Thrones series – I really need to buckle down and read more than the first book! I keep meaning to but haven’t done so yet. The first one was spectacular!
- Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth – both books are young adult but I really love books about dystopian societies and this one was very good. I look forward to the next in the series.
- Wedding Cake for Breakfast by Kim Perel & Wendy Sherman – lots of essay stories about the first year of marriage. I only pick it up from time to time but I love it.
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer by Seth Grahame-Smith – on the list to read. I thought the movie was good.
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin – Chic Light to the core. Sometimes I need brain fluff. On the to-read list.
- One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus – On the to-read list as well. I really liked the sample pages.
- The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin – and another on the to-read list. I got into a bit and am looking forward to finishing it.
To learn more about Friend Friday or check out the other blogs participating visit Modly Chic