I have a system. I follow all the blogs I can or want to read on Google Reader. If I find something I want to refer back to later – just to look at, link to, copy or save – I will email the blog post to myself. Therefore my Reader is cleaned out at all times and only the good stuff is forwarded on. The problem of course is that my email inbox starts to look ugly. It forces me to clean it out every few weeks. But I have Gmail and that handy little “archive” button! At any rate my point was I’m cleaning out my email and wanted to pass along some of the things that grabbed my attention!
- Brooch Bouquet. Yep. My initial link led me to look here, here, here and here. And how to make it (in 2 different ways). No matter how you slice it it’s beautiful and amazing. But then again I’m not much of a flower girl. 🙂
- Some cool headboards from Saucy Dwellings.
- 10 Things Carrie Bradshaw taught me about Fashion. Not a bad read or bad rules.
- A Vintage DIY wedding with some nifty paper-crafts, cute tablescapes, interesting color scheme and amazing wedding cake!
- A very pretty wedding. I like the puffy crepe paper blooms and all the mismatched china. But what a nightmare getting rid of that china!
- An interview with Tyson Arp from Nebraska Brewing Company. We have gotta go there sometime soon as we still have not been there!
- Mirkwood Designs templates. Just awesome templates for all kinds of things.
- The post by Brynn Alexandra that made me want to buy the Hyllis steel shelves at IKEA. Oh another way someone used the Hyllis (since I’m still trying to figure out what to do with mine).
- And speaking of IKEA – a name generator. If you were an IKEA item. I’m Misvsjii (Missy).
- A rather neat vintage kitchen design using more IKEA. Very pretty!
- And finally the last bit of IKEA – lots and lots of IKEA shelves put to work. Some beautiful designs! I got lost here for awhile and intend to do it again.
- Some beautiful decorating using books! Some of these pictures made into my inspiration folder. But then again I love books!
And last but not least a video of Charles Krauthammer’s response to Obama asking NASA to reach out to Muslim countries.